This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Documentation with examples including translations from Matlab or R to Mathnet.numerics

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I would like to start documentation on using this library, when having source code written in other environments e.g. Matlab  but with examples in an easy to read and easy to understand format.

Similar to http://www.math.umaine.edu/~hiebeler/comp/matlabR.html 

Such documentation is much faster to use for people that already know the same concepts in another enviroment. I have seen such documentation on several C++ matrix projects, such as Armadillo. I feel it would be easy to write because the mathnet.numerics library is fairly straightforward and does not have pitfalls like some C++ libraries.

Has anybody started such documentation . Could be done easily in excel but the binaries don't work well with github or other code tracking and merging tools.

I cannot do it all on my own because I do not know or make us of all the mathnet libaries or even all the Matrix and Vector functions .

Does anybody e have a good idea or good experience where this can be made a public project that several people can easily collaborate on.