This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Compiling from the download

Dec 21, 2011 at 4:59 PM

I am using VS2010 on Windows XP. Today I tried to compile the Numerics source form the downloaded zip file. I found that an out directory was created with the same .dll and .pdb files as contianed in the lib directory in the zip file, but missing the .xml files. Despite the fact that I seem to have the dlls I need, I am curious about the 10,000+ errors I get during the compile. I would like to get rid of these if possible. Here are a few typical errors:

Error 203 The type or namespace name 'TestFixtureAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Documents and Settings\PainSteV\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\MathNet\src\UnitTests\CombinatoricsTests\CombinatoricsCountingTest.cs 34 6 UnitTests

Error 2292 The type or namespace name 'Test' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Documents and Settings\PainSteV\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\MathNet\src\UnitTests\LinearAlgebraTests\Double\MatrixTests.cs 87 10 UnitTests

Error 734 'MathNet.Numerics.UnitTests.DistributionTests.Continuous.CauchyTests.SetUp()' is a 'method' but is used like a 'type' D:\Documents and Settings\PainSteV\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\MathNet\src\UnitTests\DistributionTests\Continuous\CauchyTests.cs 43 10 UnitTests

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Dec 21, 2011 at 5:57 PM

I see now that I either have to dump the unit test project or install the NUnit framework. It might be easier to dump the tests and leave them to the library developers.