This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Missing Manifest Resource Exception

May 4, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Hi,

I have encountered following exception by calling the stack method in the Linear Algebra double namespaces. I'm wondering what is the solution to this exception?

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "MathNet.Numerics.Properties.Resources.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "MathNet.Numerics" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

StackTrace:

at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.HandleResourceStreamMissing(String fileName)   
at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GrovelForResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Dictionary`2 localResourceSets, Boolean tryParents, Boolean createIfNotExists, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)   
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo requestedCulture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)   
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)   
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo culture)   at MathNet.Numerics.Properties.Resources.get_ArgumentMatrixSameColumnDimension()   
at MathNet.Numerics.LinearAlgebra.Generic.Matrix`1.Stack(Matrix`1 lower)   
at SystemModelSolver.Solver.FormInterConnectionMatrices(ICollection`1 componentList)

David

May 5, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Are you using the CodePlex release, the NuGet release, or building the project from source?

Thanks,

Marcus

May 5, 2011 at 10:51 PM

I am using the NuGet release, but installing the online Math.Net Numeric package in Visual Studio 2010 SP1.

David

May 6, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Hi David

I just checked the NuGet assemblies, they do have the resources embedded as intended.

1. Is this by chance a Silverlight project?
  2. Are your assemblies signed?
  3. Do they run in partial trust only?

Thanks,
Chris

May 6, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Hi,

It is a Silverlight 4 Project that runs on partial trust only mode on browser. I have tried to sign my Silverlight project, but it does not help because I cannot sign the Math.Net Numeric assembly.

David