This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

.Net 3.5

Oct 13, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Hi All,

The Math.Net Numerics project looks wonderful (great job everyone!) and is exactly what I am looking for to use in my project. But, I am forced to .Net 3.5 framework version.

I am looking for an advice ... does it make sense to think of back porting the library and make it work on .Net 3.5? Or it is totally lost battle?

Can someone recommend alternative on 3.5? I am looking for good data represenations for vector and matrix, fast operations on them and ideally seamless switch from managed to native HW optimized libraries (BLAS)

Any feedback much appreciated.

Best,

Jozef 

Oct 14, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Hi Jozef.

>back porting the library and make it work on .Net 3.5? Or it is totally lost battle?

Off the top my head, I think we are only using the Complex and Parallel classes from .NET 4. If you don't need complex numbers, it might be doable. The Parallel class doesn't exist in Silverlight, so we wrote our own and created an abstraction layer for it. You could create a 3.5 project that mimics the way our Silverlight project works. 

Please note that we don't have native support in Math.NET Numerics yet. Probably next month. You could use dnAnalytics (also on CodePlex and supports both managed and native) but it is no longer supported.

Regards,

Marcus

Mar 13, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Hi Marcus -

I have similar issue these days and I was forced to use .Net 3.5. Is this issue has been solved and we can use the new Math.net for 3.5?

Best,

Haoda

Mar 13, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Hi Haoda,

We don't have any plans to back port the library to .NET 3.5. This was just a suggestion to anyone that wanted to try. Since then, we started using .NET 4.0 Tuples here and there in the library.

Regards,

Marcus

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:10 PM
As old as these posts are, in case you people are still interested, or if anyone else trying to solve the same issue wanders past here, I got it working with .net 3.5
https://mathnetnumerics.codeplex.com/discussions/436048
Dec 30, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Starting from v3.0.0-alpha7 .Net 3.5 is officially supported again, and distributed as part of the NuGet package.

Thanks,
Christoph
Marked as answer by cdrnet on 12/30/2013 at 6:48 AM