This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

How can I calculate Eigenvalues/vectors?

Jul 26, 2010 at 5:03 PM
Edited Jul 26, 2010 at 5:05 PM
I read the "Code Samples Documentation" about using "Linear Algebra class" to find eigenvectors/values. However, when I used this code, it caused some errors. How can I solve? This is the link of code samples: http://numerics.mathdotnet.com/doc/%28X%281%29S%28kvsekp45nm141teol3edgo3k%29%29/Default.aspx?Page=CodeSamples&NS=&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
Jul 28, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Hey Legoangthang,

We are currently porting the Complex matrices to Math.Net Numerics. Before that's done we won't be able to expose the eigenvalue creation. Hopefully we get this done before the end of the summer though!

Cheers, Jurgen

Sep 17, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Hi everybody,

any news on this one? I just downloaded MathNet.Numerics.2010.1.28.762 and it seems I just don't get it to work properly. I only copied the code sample for "linear algebra" containing types "Matrix" and "EigenvalueDecomposition" but neither of it appears to be in the package.

I appreciate you help,

Niki

Sep 17, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Hi Niki,

I'll be merging a contributor's eigen decomp contribution this weekend. I'll let you know when it is checked in.

Regards,

Marcus

Sep 19, 2010 at 2:06 PM

The EVD code as been commited. We'll be optimizing it this week, so it will be faster next week.

usage:

var matrix = ...;

var evd = matrix.Evd();

var eigenVectors = evd.EVectors(); 

Oct 1, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Please grab the latest code. It is over 2x faster.