This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Building math.net from source

Nov 16, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Hi guys,

I downloaded the sorce from git-hub, but when I try to build im getting some errors.

Error      1              'MathNet.Numerics.Algorithms.LinearAlgebra.Mkl.MklLinearAlgebraProvider' does not implement interface member 'MathNet.Numerics.Algorithms.LinearAlgebra.ILinearAlgebraProvider<MathNet.Numerics.Complex32>.MatrixMultiply(MathNet.Numerics.Complex32[], int, int, MathNet.Numerics.Complex32[], int, int, MathNet.Numerics.Complex32[])'                C:\Downloads\Programming\mathnet-mathnet-numerics-ebb64dc\src\Numerics\Algorithms\LinearAlgebra\Mkl\MklLinearAlgebraProvider.cs      37           18           Numerics

Error      2              'MathNet.Numerics.Algorithms.LinearAlgebra.Mkl.MklLinearAlgebraProvider' does not implement interface member 'MathNet.Numerics.Algorithms.LinearAlgebra.ILinearAlgebraProvider<MathNet.Numerics.Complex>.MatrixMultiply(MathNet.Numerics.Complex[], int, int, MathNet.Numerics.Complex[], int, int, MathNet.Numerics.Complex[])'                C:\Downloads\Programming\mathnet-mathnet-numerics-ebb64dc\src\Numerics\Algorithms\LinearAlgebra\Mkl\MklLinearAlgebraProvider.cs      37           18           Numerics

……

Error      5              'MathNet.Numerics.Algorithms.LinearAlgebra.Atlas.AtlasLinearAlgebraProvider' does not implement interface member 'MathNet.Numerics.Algorithms.LinearAlgebra.ILinearAlgebraProvider<MathNet.Numerics.Complex32>.MatrixMultiply(MathNet.Numerics.Complex32[], int, int, MathNet.Numerics.Complex32[], int, int, MathNet.Numerics.Complex32[])'                C:\Downloads\Programming\mathnet-mathnet-numerics-ebb64dc\src\Numerics\Algorithms\LinearAlgebra\Atlas\AtlasLinearAlgebraProvider.cs 37           18           Numerics

Do i need to have any special libraries besides the stuff i download from git hub? (intel math kernal etc?) Could you please send me some information on how to compile math.net.

Thanks

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Hi Avinhan,

I just checked out a fresh copy of Math.Net to double check (from here: git://github.com/mathnet/mathnet-numerics.git) but things build fine on my machine. You shouldn't need anything special. Are you using VS 2008? Just to double check, did you download sources or check them out using git?

Jurgen

Nov 17, 2009 at 3:39 AM

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your quick reply. I initially went to http://github.com/mathnet/mathnet-numerics and clicked on the download button. I used Visual Studio 2008 professional, but it wouldn’t compile.

After you mentioning about "checking out" I went and installed TortiseGIT and MsysGIT and got the sources. They are compiling fine. Thank you for your help. How come if u download from the website it wont work :S  But anyways thanks a lot for helping me out.

Regards
Aravin

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2009 at 6:56 AM

Hi Aravin,

Glad it works; I'll look into why the download doesn't work properly. In any case, we are very interested in feedback from early adaptors. Keep us posted on anything that doesn't work for you.

Cheers, Jurgen